Dreamsicle Matcha + Ginger PopsThese Dreamsicle Matcha pops feature a smooth and creamy flavor, with a slight zing from the candied ginger.
Makes 6-8 ice pops
An original recipe prepared for us by Probably This.
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 1/4 cup full-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Aiya Cooking Grade Matcha
- 1 tsp orange extract (can be found at most specialty stores and health food stores)
- 1/2 cup diced candied ginger
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the orange juice to a light boil.
- Add the sugar and stir until dissolved. Turn the heat off and whisk in the matcha until dissolved. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the orange oil and yogurt.
- Strain the orange juice mixture into the yogurt and mix until fully incorporated.
- Use a ladel to pour the mixture into ice pop molds, leaving about ½” of room at the top of each mold.
- Drop a few pieces of the candied ginger into the molds and place the sticks in them.
- Add a few more pieces of ginger on top and freeze for 5 – 7 hours, until solid.
- Remove from freezer when ready to serve.