Almond Butter + Matcha BrowniesThese brownies have superfoods such as Matcha, spriulina, coconut oil, almond butter, and cacao, but also some butter and a little powdered sugar.
Makes 12-16 brownies.
An original recipe prepared for us by Probably This.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 t vanilla exract
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1 T spirulina powder
- 1 cup crunchy almond butter
Matcha Glaze (adapted from Molly!)
- 3.5 T unsalted butter, melted and still warm
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 T honey
- 1/2 T Aiya Cooking Grade Matcha
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8" x 8" baking dish and line it with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the softened butter and coconut oil until slightly fluffy, about one minute. Add both sugars and beat for an additional minute.
- Add the cacao, salt, and spirulina. Combine.
- Add both eggs and the vanilla extract and beat for one minute until smooth.
- Add both flours and mix until everything is just coming together.
- Fold in the almond butter with a spoon or spatula.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and evenly spread the batter with a knife or spatula.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out mostly clean.
- Remove from the oven and set on a wire rack to cool.
- Once the brownies are slightly cooled but still warm, begin making the glaze.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Pour over the warm brownies and smooth it out with a knife or spatula. *
- Sprinkle with slivered almonds, or anything else that you desire.
- Cut brownies into 12 or 16 squares and enjoy!