Raw Apple Matcha Breakfast Cakes"Imagine a breakfast treat that is void of processed flours and sugar, made with mostly fruit, and also contains matcha green tea powder. Got your attention, didn’t we?!"
Makes 5 Cakes
An original recipe prepared for us by Nibs & Greens.
2 cups pecans, plus extra for topping
3/4 cup raisins
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. Aiya cooking grade matcha
2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
4 1/2 cups grated red apple, about 3 medium apples
3/4 cup medjool dates, pitted
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Mix everything together in a large bowl. Set aside
1. Place 3 1/2 cups of the grated apple into the bowl of the dry mix.
2. In your food processor, mix the dates and maple syrup until they form a paste.
3. Add the remaining 1 cup of grated apple and vanilla extract to the date-maple mixture and process to combine.
4. Pour wet mix into bowl with the dry mixture and stir until everything is well coated.
5. Using a 4" ring mold (we used the ring of a small spring-form cake pan), press mixture into the mold on a teflex dehydrator sheet. Make sure mixture completely fills the mold, packing it in, before removing the mold.
6. Continue creating little cakes until mixture is used up.
7. Option to top cakes with more pecans.
8. Dehydrate at 115? for about 24-26 hours, removing the teflex sheet after about 8 hours.
9. Cakes should be firm and only slightly sticky.
10. Enjoy fresh out of the dehydrator with your favorite topping. Store in a container in the fridge.